It is essential to fully understand how finance influences strategic decision-making because it provides the foundation for an organisation’s economic survival, development, growth and future prosperity.
Are you familiar with the core principles of finance and their links with strategic decisions, and financial planning?
Are you able to use the financial tools, techniques and know-how that influence strategic
decision-making and apply them practically in real-life business situations?
This exciting and user-friendly seminar deals with, for example, how to avoid unachievable strategic plans and budgets, non-value-adding project investments, high costs of capital, high exposures to financial risk. It illustrates and reinforces the use of the essential financial tools and techniques and will enable non-financial and financial professionals at every level to make better-informed decisions to improve financial performance, and increase corporate
value and shareholder value.
This course highlights:
- Linking business and financial strategic decision-making processes with financial planning and budgeting
- Clarification of the financial statements and their links with financial planning, budgeting and decision-making
- Alternative costing systems, budgeting and measurement systems that support financial decisionmaking
- Capital investment decisions using DCF, and financing decisions, capital structure, and WACC
- Linking KPIs to strategy using a balanced scorecard, and management of interest rate and foreign currency exchange rate risk