This leading-edge Budgeting, Forecasting and the Planning Process training seminar provides the theoretical basis and necessary skills to develop world class strategic planning, forecasting and budgeting processes. A strategy is a long-term plan of what an organisation is going to do to achieve its overall policy. This training seminar will enable delegates to develop a framework that links strategies to annual budget and targets and aims for world class levels of management and organisational performance.
A budget is a short-term plan of how an organisation quantifies the operational activities required to achieve its long-term strategy. This training course will provide delegates with the skills and forecasting techniques to develop a budget as a plan, and use control budgets and analysis of variances to actual to identify areas in which financial performance may be improved.
This training course will highlight:
- Links between strategic financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting
- Effective Excel and other forecasting techniques to support financial planning and budgeting
- Impacts on financial plans of alternative methods of financing, and business and financial risk
- Traditional and modern costing systems that are used in the budget process
- Best practice in operating budgeting, budgetary control, capital investment budgeting, and cash
- Forecasting and budgeting